Saturday, January 10, 2009

Another Singing Group ~ The MacAroons


This morning I was supposed to have a two hour rehearsal with one of my peripheral vocal groups, the MacAroons. I'm afraid I didn't have much voice with my cold, yet I showed up. But I ended up lasting a little under just half the rehearsal. We started a number of years ago as the Celtic Chorus. We have twelve or fourteen guys singing Scottish, Irish, Welsh and other music of the British Isles. Sometimes we've sung for Robert Burns' January 25th birthday at the Family Club for the St. Andrew's Society of San Francisco.

We'll do a Monday afternoon museum show at the summer encampment later this July. It's strange for me to be rehearsing music for a performance so far in advance, when no doubt I'll be in numerous concerts and services with other groups in the meantime.

We're not Chanticleer or the Schola Cantorum, but the music's fun and the guys are great.

Photo/tnaron.wordpress.com

2 comments:

Linda S. Socha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda S. Socha said...

What a great music connection. I loved Robert Burns as a child and I traveled from church to church with my musician aunt who dupped
my cousins and I the dozen cousins.(All 13 of us) In the deep gospel oriented south this worked well.
I expect we have some connections in thinkinhg and interests. Please stop by and say hello at Psyche Connections and lets exchange blog links if I am correct
Linda


Titian in the Frari (Venezia)