Sunday, February 1, 2009

A BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY AFTERNOON in SF

Today was a beautiful, warm & sunny San Francisco Sunday. Temperatures reached the upper 60's. I spent a few hours in Dolores Park with dear Rose and Prince Rupert. The Prince, of course, played ball. He even managed to get several other people involved in his habit. His trick is to drop the ball in front of somebody sunbathing, wait patiently for several seconds, then start panting and tapping his paw... and eventually start to bark.  It always works. 

Afterwards, we walked up 18th Street for me to get some lunch. Then I took the guys to a pet store on Castro Street to look for a new muzzle for my vacuum cleaner Rose-- a genuine necessity after her surgery. I had bought one a few weeks ago, but it was a little too small... Rose refused to wear it. The new one is a larger size of the same brand and seems to do the job. The picture shows Rose with my next door neighbor Susan. Ben and Susan have three large dogs of their own, and they had just returned from the beach. Usually once a week -- particularly on Thursdays -- Susan and Ben let my guys outside, then take them over to their flat while I'm at Grace Cathedral and the Bohemian Club. Rose spends the entire time on Susan's lap.

I managed to get home in time to listen to Jennifer Hudson sing the National Anthem at the start of the Super Bowl.  She really put her heart into it. I believe it was her first public performance since her tragic losses a few months ago. I'll watch a bit of the game, but will leave before the end to join my friend Adam for an early dinner downtown.

No comments:


Titian in the Frari (Venezia)