Friday, October 11, 2013

SZILARD's Birthday








Three years ago I flew directly from Paris to San Francisco, while Deb flew to Yakima by way of Seattle, on my friend Szilard's birthday.




Five years ago my two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Rose and Rupert, took Szilard to lunch at Catch for his 23rd birthday. Today he turns 28. (I remember when I was 20 and thought that 25 was old. Oh to be 35 or even 45 again!) Szilard now lives in Las Vegas. I've had a chance to see him there a couple of times, and look forward to his upcoming visits whenever he can make time for San Francisco.

Now both Rose and Rupert are in the "Buddha Box," my Japanese home Buddhist shrine, along with the ashes of four previous dogs and my late partner Dennis. Today I live with my spunky puppy Renzo. He was reunited with his mother Bette, who came to San Francisco from Pennsylvania with my nephew Sheridan two years ago last December. Sadly Bette died of heart failure on August 3rd.

The top picture show Szilard at his Naturalization Party in Las Vegas on September 27, 2011. I was able to go, and gave him a U.S. flag that had flown over the capitol in Washington, D.C. He had planned the party before the actual ceremony was postponed to October 14th. Three days later, Szilard officially became a United States citizen! Happy birthday, Szilard, and congratulations!


No comments:


Titian in the Frari (Venezia)