Sunday, July 20, 2014

HELEN & EVELYN ~ July 23rd





















Today is the birthday of two of my favorite people: Helen Heisey and Evelyn Graham. Helen is now ninety years old!!! Born July 23 in '23.

Helen was my Father's best friend and a surrogate mother to me. Evelyn was Dennis' step-mother --and after Dennis' death seven years ago -- almost another surrogate mother-- along with Toki Murakami, Gary's Mom.

Helen lives on the Eastern Shore of Maryland in St. Michael's. Evelyn lives in Clarence, Iowa. That reminds me of my surrogate grandmother, Marie Bronson, who was Mrs. Clarence Bronson, Yale Class of 1900.

I have been blessed indeed to have several grand ladies as a significant part of my life!


Helen Heisey on a ferry to Oxford, Maryland. Evelyn Graham in front of the old Iowa state capitol.

No comments:


Titian in the Frari (Venezia)