Sunday, December 21, 2014

SHERIDAN WATSON BELL, JR. ~ December 21, 1908 ~ October 30, 1982





How difficult to believe...my Dad, Sherry Bell, the Rev. Dr. Sheridan Watson Bell, Jr., was born one-hundred-six years ago today!! Dad was the youngest of four children, as am I, so my paternal grandfather, Sheridan Watson Bell, Sr., whom I never knew, was born during the American Civil War!!

Sherry Bell was a loving man of conviction, warmth, generosity, passion, impulse, flamboyance, gusto, humor, spontaneity, balance, dedication, support, vocal gifts, drama, wise counsel, compassion and faith: a pastor of people, rather than a great preacher, though occasionally a speaker of profound ideas and natural eloquence. I’m lucky and so very proud that he was my Father.

***

Today is also the greatly anticipated end of the Mayan Calendar. See you all tomorrow!

1 comment:

noor said...

شركة تنظيف كنب بالدمام شركة تنظيف كنب بالدمام
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالخبر شركة غسيل سجاد بالخبر
شركة مكافحة البق بالرياض شركة مكافحة بق الفراش بالرياض

صيانة مكيفات بالرياض


Titian in the Frari (Venezia)