Tuesday, December 16, 2008

SHERRY BELL (Sheridan Watson Bell, III)


Photo:z.about.com


Today is the birthday of my brother Sherry (Sheridan Watson Bell, III). I guess he’s sixty-seven! Wow! (I graduated from the Mercersburg Academy in 1967…he in 1959...my grandfather Rich in 1902.) Sherry was born just after Pearl Harbor. As a result my Dad enlisted in the Navy as a chaplain. Part of the time he was stationed in Miami. A couple of years later— at least when Sherry was able to talk – Julie said that they were on their way to Miami. Sherry quickly asserted: “It’s not your Ami, it’s Daddy’s Ami!”

At lunch today I’m singing a noontime concert with the Schola Cantorum San Francisco at Old St. Mary’s Cathedral on California Street. I’ll think of my brother Sherry and wish him well as he begins his new year.

###

5:00 p.m. I've just returned from the SPCA hospital. Dear Rose is not at all well. She hasn't been able to hold down any food for two days. Furthermore, she's not interested in eating anything. That's a first! They're keeping her overnight. I'll know more about her situation tomorrow. 

The concert at Old St. Mary's was quite good. Fellow alto Clifton, who's been busy with several other commitments, sight read most of the concert. At times he seemed better prepared than I -- but I guess I was preoccupied with dear Rose.

###

And how could I nearly forget? Today also is Ludwig van Beethoven's  238th birthday!

No comments:


Titian in the Frari (Venezia)